Friday, March 12, 2010

Find an interesting biochemistry website and put its link in this entry, and describe briefly what is found there.

While doing research for this blog entry I was reminded what a power tool the internet can be. It was my goal to find an interesting biochemical website I could share with my fellow students and instructors alike. I aimed to find a website my classmate and I could use as a reference to nail down biochemical concepts especially biochemical pathways as I have found them to be extremely complex.

http://dwb4.unl.edu/Chem/CHEM869P/CHEM869PLinks/www.gwu.edu/~mpb/index.html

The name of this website is Metabolic Pathways of Biochemistry. This website is geared to students and teachers . This website’s primary focus is pathways utilized by the human body. I found this website to be organized, and easy to navigate. Once you find the pathway you are looking for and click on it, one will see an illustration of the pathway with labels in both 3D and 2D forms. Each pathway also has a step by step explanation of the process.

Although I am not yet familiar with all of the pathways listed at this website I feel like it is a valuable resource to have when trying to nail down a topic. Often times if I can explain what is going on in a graph with out looking at the description I retain the knowledge a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you were able to find a site geared toward students. Your description has made me eager to utilize it for my research in this class. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete